MASSAKA is a simplified joint-stock company, with a capital of 15 million CFA francs, created in April 2022. The company includes four branches of activity, including MEDIAPROD.
MEDIAPROD is a communication for development agency that provides technical assistance to development actors (governmental and inter-governmental bodies, NGOs, associations, programmes and projects, professional organisations, etc.) to increase the effectiveness and visibility of their actions.
As part of the strengthening of the MEDIAPROD’s intervention capacities, MASSAKA is recruiting a Head of Section: Communication for Development.
- Duty station: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
- Type of contract: Fixed-term contract under Burkinabe law for 24 months (renewable).
- Working languages: French / English.
Main duties and tasks
Duty 1: Coordinate the operations of the communication for development section
- Plan and monitor the execution of missions;
- Ensure the proper distribution of responsibilities and tasks within the section;
- Ensure quality control of the various deliverables;
- Ensure strict compliance with deadlines;
- Conduct internal meetings of the section;
- Set up and monitor proposals;
- Contribute to strategic thinking on the development of the agency.
Duty 2: Ensure the coordination of the communication for development team
- Manage the staff of the section and ensure the recruitment necessary for flexibility or periods of overactivity;
- Maintain discipline within the team;
- Moderate internal conflicts;
- Ensuring harmonious relations within the editorial team, but also between the editorial team and other departments;
- Managing, advising, supervising and evaluating the staff under his/her direct responsibility;
- Informing, training on technical developments, transfer of skills and responsibilities, quality and safety requirements, etc;
- Define staff training needs, organise and monitor planning.
Duty 3: Support and feed the knowledge management process within the agency
- Contribute to the design of a standardised knowledge management process within the agency;
- Select and develop knowledge management tools;
- Ensure the update and quality control of the knowledge base;
- Promote and facilitate a learning culture within the agency.
Duty 4: Manage and develop the agency’s client portfolio
- Propose a structuring and segmentation of the agency’s client portfolio;
- Analyse performance indicators;
- Monitor the evolution of customer needs;
- Propose new lines of service development to meet customer needs;
- Develop the number of customers making up the customer portfolio.
Duty 5: Carry out the administrative tasks related to the position
- Draft and sign official requests;
- Organise field missions;
- Facilitating the team’s travels and interventions in the field.
- Have a particular interest in development issues in Africa and the world;
- Have a good knowledge of development interventions and actors;
- Have a very good digital culture and competencies;
- Be rigorous, creative and organised;
- Have a solid general knowledge
- Have a strong taste for reading and writing;
- Have managerial skills and a sense of teamwork;
- Analytical and strategic reasoning skills with a focus on results;
- Have a very good command of written and spoken French and, ideally, a command of written and spoken English;
- Ability to manage relationships, communicate and train;
- Proven experience of at least three years in development communication;
- Have a university degree, ideally a Masters, in development communication;
- Be available from 1 April 2023.
Fill in the online form: https://bit.ly/3E04i4d
28th February 2023